TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
4637 people found this useful

How do I track my California tax refund?

You can track it at the State of California Franchise Tax Board Check Your Refund Status page.

Note: The state will ask you to enter the exact amount of your expected refund in whole dollars.

If you don't remember the exact amount of your refund, follow these instructions

TurboTax Online

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. Select Take Me to My Return on the main screen. 
  3. At the top of the screen, you'll see Federal Refund and State Refund with the status underneath.

TurboTax mobile app

1. Sign in to the TurboTax mobile app.
  2. On the Welcome home screen, tap Tax Home.
  3. Locate your state refund amount (you may need to scroll down).

TurboTax CD/Download

Open your return in the TurboTax program, and you'll see your state refund amount at the top.

The refund date you'll see does not include the days your financial institution may take to process a direct deposit or a paper check may take in the mail. If you're concerned, contact the California Franchise Tax Board.

As much as we would like to help, TurboTax does not distribute refunds, only the IRS or your state tax agency can legally do so.