TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
1532 people found this useful

How do I track my Alabama tax refund?

Go to My Alabama Taxes and then select Check on My Refund Status, located in the left navigation bar.

For refund-related questions, contact the Alabama Department of Revenue.

Statement from Alabama Department of Revenue: For the most up-to-date information concerning the status of your current year refund, call 1-855-894-7391 or check our website at https://revenue.alabama.gov, then click on "Where's my refund?". Return processing times vary depending on many factors, including complexity of the return and our identity verification processes. Please allow 8-12 weeks to receive your refund

The department is once again converting some tax refunds to a paper check that were requested to be delivered by direct deposit. Making this change is intended to prevent criminals from easily diverting fraudulently filed refunds to their own accounts. Avoiding potential refund fraud by sending paper checks outweighs taking the risk of sending a refund electronically to the wrong party.