TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
2 people found this useful

2014 Pennsylvania: Resident Credit

A Pennsylvania resident can receive a credit for income tax, wage tax or other tax paid to another state when the other state imposes its tax on income also subject to PA personal income tax in the same taxable year.

Certain Pennsylvania residents, who paid taxes to another state, may have filed an incorrect Pennsylvania tax return.

TurboTax has fixed this issue.

How to tell if you may be impacted

You may be affected if ALL of the following apply to you:

  • You filed your Pennsylvania state tax return prior to March 19, 2015 AND
  • You paid income taxes to another state AND
  • You have an amount on Schedule G-L, Line 6, PA Resident Credit AND
  • That amount does not appear on main form PA-40, Line 22, Resident Credit

If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your Pennsylvania return.

To amend your return:

  • Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
  • Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
  • After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
  • Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.

If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 Pennsylvania: Resident Credit.