2014 Minnesota: Marriage Credit
Minnesota taxpayers, who file married filing joint, may qualify for a marriage credit.
Certain married taxpayers may have an incorrect 2014 Minnesota tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Minnesota state tax return prior February 24, 2015 AND
- Your Minnesota return includes Form M1MA AND
- You have an amount on Minnesota M1MA, Line 9
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your 2014 Minnesota tax return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 Minnesota: Marriage Credit.