2014 Illinois: Retirement deduction
Illinois allows a deduction for taxable retirement income from qualified retirement plans.
Certain taxpayers, who have taken a deduction for retirement income, may have filed an incorrect Illinois tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Illinois state tax return prior to March 6, 2105 AND
- You received a 1099-R with a code D in box 7 (payments from nonqualified annuities.)
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your Illinois return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 Illinois: Retirement deduction.