2014 California: Non-CA Tax-Exempt Interest
Non-California tax-exempt interest income is taxable to California residents.
Certain taxpayers, who received non-California tax-exempt interest income from a Schedule K-1, may have an incorrect California return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following apply to you:
- You filed your California state tax return prior to March 13, 2015 AND
- You received a Schedule K-1 with non-California tax-exempt interest income AND
- Your California Form CA (California Adjustments) has an amount on line 8, column C (Additions)
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your 2014 California return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 California: Non-CA Exempt Interest.