2014 Kentucky: Medical Premiums
In Kentucky, total health insurance premiums are allowed as a subtraction from Kentucky adjusted gross income.
Certain Kentucky taxpayers, who paid health insurance premiums to their state marketplace or healthcare.gov, may have filed an incorrect state tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Kentucky tax return prior May 1, 2015 AND
- You paid health insurance premiums to your state marketplace or healthcare.gov reflected on a 1095-A AND
- That amount was not included on Schedule M, Line 14, health insurance premiums.
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your 2014 Kentucky tax return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 Kentucky: Medical Premiums.