2014 Maine: Long Term Care Premiums
Maine allows the deduction of long term care insurance premiums on Maine’s Schedule 1 & 2, Income Modifications.
Certain taxpayers, who paid long-term care insurance premiums in 2014, may have filed an incorrect tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Maine tax return prior to March 2, 2015 AND
- You itemized your deductions on your federal Form Schedule A AND
- You paid long-term care insurance premiums in 2014
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your 2014 Maine return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 Maine: Long Term Care Premiums.