What if I didn't get a 1099-INT from my bank?
If you received less than $10 in interest from your financial institution, they're not required to send you Form 1099-INT, but you're still supposed to report the interest.
Although you didn't get a 1099-INT, report the interest in the 1099-INT section:
- Open (continue) your return if it's not already open.
- Inside TurboTax, search for 1099-INT or 1099INT (lower-case also works) and then click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- Answer Yes to Did you receive any interest income?
- If you see Here's the interest we have so far, click or tap Add interest income.
- On the following screen, select I'll type it in myself.
- On the next screen, Let's get your 1099-INT or brokerage statement details:
- Enter the name of your financial institution in the Received from field.
- Enter the interest amount in Box 1.
- Click or tap Continue.