2014 Maine: Property Tax Fairness Credit
Maine allows taxpayers to file Schedule PTFC to claim a property tax fairness credit.
Certain taxpayers, who filed a Maine individual tax return which included a Schedule PTFC, may have filed an incorrect tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Maine tax return prior to February 10, 2015 AND
- Your federal Form 1040, Page 1, included both positive and negative amounts on any or all of Lines 12, 13, 14, 17, 18 and 21 AND
- You had an amount on Line 2d, Loss add-backs, of Maine Schedule PTFC
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your 2014 Maine return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 Maine: Property Tax Fairness Credit.