2014 District of Columbia: Low Income Credit
District of Columbia taxpayers may receive either the Earned Income Tax Credit or the District Low Income Tax Credit on their state tax return.
Certain part-year taxpayers, who claimed a DC Low Income Tax Credit instead of the Earned Income Credit, may have filed an incorrect District of Columbia tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following apply to you:
- You filed a part-year District of Columbia tax return prior to March 13, 2015 AND
- You have an amount on Form D-40, Line 25 (DC Low Income Credit)
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your DC return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 District of Columbia: Low Income Credit.