TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
338 people found this useful

Where do I enter the home office deduction for my business?

To enter your home office expense along with other common business expenses:

  • Type “Schedule C” in the Search box.
  • Select the “Jump to” link.
  • Select Add expenses for this work (or Edit and navigate down to Business Expenses).

Remember to enter 1099-MISC1099-K, cash, and personal check income from your self-employment before you associate any expenses with your business.

If you’re not self-employed, but a W-2 employee instead, follow this link for the employee home office deduction.