2014 Louisiana: Federal Tax Deduction
On the Louisiana tax return, taxpayers can deduct the taxes paid on their federal tax return.
Certain Louisiana taxpayers, who took a federal tax deduction, may have an incorrect state tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Louisiana state tax return prior to February 13, 2015 AND
- There is a negative amount on your Louisiana resident form IT- 540, line 9 (federal income tax) or on your non-resident form IT-540B, line 10d.
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your 2014 Louisiana return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 Louisiana: Federal Tax Deduction.