2014 Louisiana: Federal Taxes Paid
A deduction for federal income tax paid is allowed on a Louisiana tax return.
Certain taxpayers who filed federal 1040A or 1040EZ return may have an incorrect Louisiana return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Louisiana state tax return prior 02/13/15 AND
- You filed a federal 1040A or 1040EZ AND
- You have an amount on for Health care: Individual responsibility penalty on Form 1040A, line 30 or Form 1040EZ, Line 11.
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your Louisiana return.
You may need to amend your 2014 Louisiana return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 Louisiana: Federal tax deduction