Where do I enter a 1099-G for a state or local tax refund?
If you're using TurboTax Online or TurboTax CD/Download, follow the instructions below. (If you’re using the TurboTax mobile app, follow these separate instructions.)
- Open your return.
(To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the orange Take me to my return button.)
- Using the search feature in the upper right, search for "1099-G" or "1099-g" and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- Important! Make sure to include the dash in your search, or you'll end up on the unemployment/paid family leave screen.
- On the Did you have any of these types of income? screen, answer Yes.
- On the next screen, select State or local income tax refunds and click Continue.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your state/locality, refund amount, and tax year.
- You can enter a 1099-G with a refund from another state. You'll be asked which state/locality the 1099-G applies to.
- You can enter more than one 1099-G. After completing one, you'll have the chance to add another.