TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
1310 people found this useful

Where do I enter a 1099-G for a state or local tax refund?

If you're using TurboTax Online or TurboTax CD/Download, follow the instructions below. (If you’re using the TurboTax mobile app, follow these separate instructions.)

1. Open your return.
    (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the orange Take me to my return button.)
  2. Using the search feature in the upper right, search for 1099-G or 1099-g (be sure to use the dash) and then click the "jump to" link in the search results.
    • (If you don't include the dash in 1099-G, or 1099-g when searching, you'll end up on the unemployment/paid family leave screen.)
  3. On the Did you have any of these types of income? screen, answer Yes.
  4. On the next screen, select State or local income tax refunds and click Continue.
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your state/locality, refund amount, and tax year.
    • You can enter a 1099-G with a refund from another state. You'll be asked which state/locality the 1099-G applies to.
    • You can enter more than one 1099-G. After completing one, you'll have the chance to add another.

GEN83825