Error 107 When Saving Tax Return
The error most likely indicates a corrupted or damaged save location. While damage usually occurs gradually, disk problems often happen suddenly and without warning. To prevent this error, we strongly recommend saving your tax return in several places (e.g., a CD-ROM or flash drive and your hard drive).
Solution for Error 107
To back up your tax file on a CD, follow these steps:
- Insert a new, writeable CD into your computer's CD drive.
- Open your return in TurboTax.
- In TurboTax, from the File menu, select Save As.
- In the Save Tax Return window:
- At the Save in field, navigate to your desktop.
- At the File name field, type a name for the backup file (for example, Backup 2007 Doe J Tax Return).
- Click Save.
- Burn the backup file from your computer's desktop to the CD.
- Remove the CD from your computer's CD drive.
Other Troubleshooting Ideas You May Want to Consider:
Attempting to Save a New file:
- Is there a privilege problem for the directory location of that file?
- Try a different location where the user knows a file can be written. Or
- Try a different user account with higher level privilege (i.e. admin).
- Try running TurboTax as Administrator.
Attemptint to overwrite and save an existing file:
- Is there a privilege problem where it was created under a different user account?
- Has the file changed to READ-ONLY somehow?