E-file rejection error FW2G-502: "Form W-2G, Payer EIN must match data in the IRS e-File database"
How to fix an e-filed return that was rejected with FW2G-502: Form W-2G, Payer EIN must match data in the IRS e-File database.
This rejection occurs when the payer's Federal ID number on the W-2G doesn't match IRS records.
- Open your return in TurboTax.
- In TurboTax, search for W-2G or W2G (you can also use lower-case) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- On the W-2G summary screen, click Edit next to each W-2G on the return and make sure the Federal ID number exactly matches what's on your W-2G form.
- If the Federal ID is wrong, correct it and then re-file your return.
- Otherwise, if you verified that the info you entered is correct, proceed to Other Options, below.
If you were unable to resolve your issue with the recommended solution above, here are your options:
- Contact the casino or gambling establishment to verify that their Federal ID number on the W-2G they sent you is correct.
- If your W-2G is incorrect, correct the information in TurboTax and re-file your return.
- Ask them to send you a corrected W-2G for your records.
- Or, paper-file your return. The IRS won't let you e-file a return if the Federal ID doesn't match what's in their database.