Where do I enter my HSA contribution?
In most cases, your HSA contribution has already been reported in Box 12 of your W-2 with code W: Employer Contributions to Health Savings Account.
Despite the misleading name, code W reports both your and your employer's contribution. (If you think the name is confusing, think of it as just "Contributions to Health Savings Account".)
If you put $1,500 in your HSA during 2016, and your employer matched your contribution, your W-2's Box 12 should have the amount of $3,000 with a code W.
Now, if you made HSA contributions not reported on your W-2 (this is uncommon), we'll ask about that when you step through the Medical section. Look for the questions Were HSA contributions made in 2016? or Do you need to make any adjustments to your HSA contribution amount? Answer Yes and we'll open a screen where you can enter that information.
- Sign into the Turbotax mobile app
- Tap on the orange Take me to my return button.
- Tap the red TurboTax checkmark on the upper left side of the screen.
- Tap on Federal Taxes and then Deductions and credits.
- Tap on Medical HSA, MSA, contributions, prescriptions, medical bills.
- Tap HS MSA Contributions.
- Tap the checkbox next to Health Savings Account (HSA) and swipe right.
- Follow the on screen instructions.