Error: "This program cannot display the webpage" when attempting to e-file
The message This program cannot display the webpage may occur when attempting to e-file in the TurboTax for Windows CD/download software.
It has also been known to occur in other areas of the program.
Before you try anything else, make sure you're connected to the Internet by visiting websites you've never been to (or haven't visited in a long while). If you're on wireless, try connecting through an Internet cable, if you have access to one.
Once you've verified you have a working connection, do this:
- In Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet Options > Security tab.
- Click Reset all zones to default level.
- Then, click the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down to Security (look for the lock) and make sure these boxes are checked:
- Use SSL 3.0
- Use TLS 1.0
- Click OK to close the box, close Internet Explorer, and then go back to TurboTax and try again.