Where do I enter my 1095-A?
If you purchased health insurance through Healthcare.gov or your state's health insurance marketplace, you should receive your 1095-A by mid-February.
Your 1095-A should include info for everybody on your return who was enrolled in a Marketplace plan, and is required to calculate the Premium Tax Credit.
Here's how to enter your 1095-A in TurboTax:
- Open (continue) your return if you don't already have it open.
- In TurboTax, search for 1095-A or health insurance and then click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- Select the first or third option on the Did you all have health insurance coverage in 2016? screen and continue.
- Answer Yes to the question Was anyone enrolled in one of these less common plans? and continue.
- If you selected the third option in Step 3 ("I had it for part of 2016" or "I'll pick who had it and which months") you'll go through a few screens before you get to this question.
- On the following screen, select the first option for Affordable Care Act/Obamacare (as well as any others that apply), then click or tap Continue.
- Answer Yes to Do you have a 1095-A form? and follow the onscreen instructions.