TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
850 people found this useful

Where do I enter my 1095-A?

If you purchased health insurance through Healthcare.gov or your state's health insurance marketplace, you should receive your 1095-A by mid-February.

Your 1095-A should include info for everybody on your return who was enrolled in a Marketplace plan, and is required to calculate the Premium Tax Credit.

Here's how to enter your 1095-A in TurboTax:

1. Open (continue) your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. In TurboTax, search for 1095-A or health insurance and then click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Select the first or third option on the Did you all have health insurance coverage in 2016? screen and continue.
  4. Answer Yes to the question Was anyone enrolled in one of these less common plans? and continue.
    • If you selected the third option in Step 3 ("I had it for part of 2016" or "I'll pick who had it and which months") you'll go through a few screens before you get to this question.
  5. On the following screen, select the first option for Affordable Care Act/Obamacare (as well as any others that apply), then click or tap Continue.
  6. Answer Yes to Do you have a 1095-A form? and follow the onscreen instructions.

GEN86920