Why can't I import my W-2?
Possible reasons include:
- (December or January) It's still too early;
- The employer's EIN (Employer Identification Number) is missing;
- The Control Number (W-2, Box D) is missing;
- The Box 1 amount is missing (try substituting the YTD or Year To Date gross federal wages amount from your final 2018 pay stub);
- Your employer's payroll service isn't a TurboTax Import Partner;
- (April or later) Payroll has shut down W-2 import for the year.
If you can't import, we'll prompt you to enter your W-2 manually.