"url.config has an invalid signature" Error When Launching TurboTax for Windows
Customers receive the message "url.config has an invalid signature" error when launching TurboTax for Windows. This also applies to wnta.config, turbotax.config, or in some cases, prd.ini.
In most cases, all you need to do is reinstall TurboTax.
However, in certain cases this will not work. If you are experiencing this issue after uninstalling and reinstalling the product, please try the following steps to resolve:
- Select Start and choose Control Panel.
- Select Region and Language settings.
- On the Format tab, click Additional Settings.
- In the "Negative sign symbol" field, please ensure the value there is "-" (without the quotation marks).
- If the value is something else, please change it to "-" (without the quotes) and select OK.
- Re-launch TurboTax and it should work now.