Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)?
Here are the usual reasons:
- Your e-filed return was accepted (received) by the IRS less than 24 hours ago.
- Make sure you wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before using WMR.
- Your return is still pending.
- You never e-filed.
- You can quickly find out by checking your status.
- If you don't see a status, go through the File section again all the way to the end and be sure to click the green Transmit Returns Now button.
- You mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago.
- WMR asks that paper-filers wait 4 weeks before using WMR.
- WMR is getting hit hard by early filers, especially in late January or early February.
- You can try calling the WMR automated hotline instead: 1-800-829-1954.
And finally, you can't track your amended refund at WMR. Instead, go to WMAR (Where's My Amended Return?) to track.