Where do I enter the sale of a second home, an inherited home, or land?
These are entered in the investment section of TurboTax. Follow these instructions:
- Open your return in TurboTax.
(To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the orange Take me to my return button.)
- In the search box, search for sold second home (use this exact phrase) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- Answer Yes on the Did You Sell Any Investments in 2016? screen.
- If you land on the Here's the investment sales info we have so far screen, click Add More Sales.
- Answer No to the 1099-B question.
- On the next screen, select Second Home (choose this also for inherited homes) or Land. Click Continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to completion.