"TurboTax 2014.app is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the trash." Error Message Appears on TurboTax for Mac
After installing TurboTax 2014 for Mac, when launching the program, you receive an error message stating "TurboTax 2014.app is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the trash."
We are currently working on updating our signature files to avoid this message in the future. In the meantime, please take the following steps to get into your program.
- Open System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Select Security and Privacy and then select the General tab.
- Under "Allow apps downloaded from:" select Anywhere.
- If the option is grayed out, please select the Lock icon on the lower left to allow it to be changed.
- Launch TurboTax and select Open at the dialog box that comes up.