TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
3 people found this useful

Maryland 2013: Pensions

A Maryland taxpayer, who receives a taxable pension or annuity income, may be able to subtract some or all of this income on their tax return if they are age 65 or older or totally disabled.

Certain Maryland customers, who qualify for the above subtraction, may have filed an incorrect Maryland tax return.

TurboTax has fixed this issue.

How to tell if you may be impacted

You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:

  • You filed your Maryland state tax return prior to September 25, 2014 AND
  • You and/or your spouse are 65 year or older or totally disabled AND
  • You and/or your spouse received Form 1099-R for a Maryland pension distribution AND
  • Your Maryland Form 502 has an amount on line 13 with a code “R” (pickup contribution).

If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax and may need to amend your Maryland return.

To amend your return:

  • Follow these step-by-step instructions.
  • After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
  • Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.

If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Maryland 2013: Pensions.