TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
828 people found this useful

What if I entered the wrong account for direct debit, or my account has insufficient funds?

If you haven't e-filed your return yet (or your return is in Rejected status), you can revisit the File section in TurboTax to either correct your account information or choose a different tax payment method.

For a Pending status return, you'll need to wait for its status to change to rejected or accepted.

Once your e-filed return has been accepted, it's too late to update your bank account or change your payment method in TurboTax. Instead, call the IRS e-file Payment Services right away at 1-888-353-4537 – they're open 24/7.

You may be penalized if your tax payment isn't received by the filing deadline, so don't delay.

For problems with state tax payments, contact your state tax agency.