How do I change my TurboTax login (user ID or password)?
To change your User ID or Password, you'll want to be logged into your TurboTax online account.
- Go to My TurboTax and sign in to your account.
- Click on My Account in the top menu bar. (If you do not see this option, enlarge the window.) Then select Account Settings.
- Click either Profile or Security depending on which options you want to update.
- To change your User ID, click on the Edit option to the right of your User ID and follow the onscreen instructions.
- To change your Password, click on the Security tab and then click on the Edit option to the right of your Password.
- Enter the new information.
- Enter your existing password, if asked (it depends on which option you are updating).
- Click Save.
From here, you can also update other account information, add a phone number for increased security, or turn on two-step authentication.