TurboTax for Windows Crashes On Launch With Error 21065219084
We have received reports of TurboTax for Windows crashing on or shortly after launch with error 21065219084.
Please ensure TurboTax is Running as Administrator:
1. Right-click the TurboTax icon and select Properties.
2. Select the Compatibility tab, and check the box that says "Run as Administrator"
3. Re-launch TurboTax.
If this does not resolve the issue, please take the following steps:
- Visit http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679 to download the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Microsoft.
- Select the large red Download button.
- There will be two download options. Please check the box next to VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe (regardless of whether you have a 32-bit or 64-bit system) and select Next.
- Download and run the file.
- Reboot your computer when prompted after the installation.
- Launch TurboTax.