Mississippi 2013: Itemized Deductions
Starting January 1st, 2013 on the federal 1040 tax return, the itemized deductions may be limited for taxpayers with adjusted gross income over $250,000 ($300,000 if filing jointly.
Certain Mississippi customers, who had limited itemized deductions on their federal tax return, may have filed an incorrect Mississippi tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed a Mississippi part-year or nonresident state tax return prior to July 31, 2014 AND
- Your federal return includes Schedule A (Itemized Deductions) AND
- Your federal itemized deductions are limited -Schedule A, line 29- the yes box is checked
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your Mississippi return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Mississippi 2013: Itemized Deductions