Error: "Your payment information cannot be authorized. Please double-check the information provided and resubmit"
When attempting to pay your TurboTax fees, you may receive the message Your payment information cannot be authorized. Please double-check the information provided and resubmit if the billing information you entered doesn't match what your credit card company has on file.
Start with the following:
- Review the billing address you entered, making sure that your street address, city, state, and ZIP code are correct.
- Double check that you entered the correct credit card number, expiration date, and security code.
If your billing address and credit card info is correct, use a different credit/debit card, or proceed with the troubleshooting steps below:
- Close the error message window and try to complete your request again.
- Check your internet connection:
- Make sure your Internet connection is working actively and/or your cable is plugged in properly.
- If you are on a wireless connection, reconnect your computer directly via cable to your network.
- Check your browser:
- Reset (to default) or lower your browser security settings.
- Allow cookies.
- Turn off any proxy settings.
- If you have more than one browser open, you may be sharing your session. Close other browsers and try to complete your request again
- If this does not resolve your issue, please contact us.