Illinois 2013: Self-employed Health Insurance
On a federal tax return, S Corporation shareholders may be eligible for an above-the-line deduction for self-employed health insurance (Form 1040, line 29).
Certain Illinois customers, who had self-employed health insurance deductions from an S Corporation K-1, may have filed an incorrect Illinois tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Illinois state tax return prior to April 22, 2014 AND
- Your federal return included an amount on Form 1040, line 29 from an S Corporation K-1 AND
- Your Illinois tax return includes a Schedule CR- Credit for Taxes Paid to Other States.
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your Illinois return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Illinois 2013: Self-Employed Health Insurance