TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
510 people found this useful

What if my address on my W-2 is wrong?

Don't worry if your mailing address on your W-2 form is wrong or has since changed; this won't affect your taxes. Just make sure you've entered your current mailing address in the Personal Info section of TurboTax.

If you expect to get another W-2 from the same employer next year, ask their payroll department to update your address so next year's W-2 doesn't get lost in the mail.

On the other hand, if your name, Social Security number, or any dollar amount(s) on your W-2 are wrong, ask your employer for a corrected W-2 (also known as Form W-2c: Corrected Wage and Tax Statement).