Maryland 2013: Poverty Credit
Maryland taxpayers, with earned income below a certain level, may be eligible for the poverty level credit.
Certain Maryland customers, who were eligible for the poverty level credit, may have filed an incorrect Maryland tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Maryland state tax return prior to February 20, 2014 AND
- You have received an email from TurboTax that your return did not have the correct Poverty Level credit on your tax return.
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your Maryland return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Maryland 2013: Poverty Credit.