Virginia 2013: Long Term Care Premiums
Virginia taxpayers may receive a credit or a deduction for premiums on long-term care insurance.
Certain Virginia customers, who paid long-term care insurance premiums, may have filed an incorrect Virginia tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed a Virginia part-year state tax return prior to 3/13/2014 AND
- You paid long term care premiums in 2013 AND
- On your Virginia return, Schedule 760PY ADJ, line 8a (code 106) includes the total paid for long term care premiums, not the amount you paid when a Virginia resident.
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your Virginia return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Virginia 2013: Long Term Care Premiums.