Can I use TurboTax to file a 2012, 2011, 2010, or earlier tax return?
We no longer sell or support TurboTax products for tax years 2012 or earlier. If you still need to file a tax return for 2012 or an earlier tax year, here are some options:
- Download and print the prior-year IRS tax forms and instructions at the IRS Prior Year Products page, or call the IRS number 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676).
- Tip: When downloading, type Inst 1040 in the Find field and choose Product Number from the drop-down. This brings up all prior-year 1040 forms and their instructions. Select the tax year you need from the search results.
- Likewise, type Inst 1040-A or Inst 1040-EZ to download Forms 1040-A or 1040-EZ and their instructions.
- Contact your state tax agency or visit their website. Most agencies have prior-year forms available online.
- Search the Internet (for example, file 2012 return or prepare 2011 taxes).
- Ask a local tax preparer or CPA for assistance.
Generally, it's no longer possible to claim a tax year 2012 or earlier refund, as the 3-year statute of limitations has expired. However, you can still paper-file your return so that it's "on file" with the IRS and/or state tax department.