Hawaii 2013: Mortgage Insurance Premiums
On Hawaii part-year tax returns, mortgage insurance premiums can be included in itemized deductions.
Certain Hawaii customers, who filed a part-year return and had mortgage insurance premiums, may have filed an incorrect state tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Part-Year Hawaii state return prior to February 3, 2014 AND
- You had an amount on Federal Schedule A, Line 13, Mortgage Insurance Premium AND
- That amount of mortgage insurance premiums is not included in your Hawaii itemized deductions on Form N-15, Line 39.
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your Hawaii tax. You may need to amend your Hawaii return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Hawaii 2013: Mortgage Insurance Premiums.