TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
1 person found this useful

Minnesota 2013: Child Tax Credit

Certain Minnesota taxpayers, who filed a joint return and have a child born in 2013, may be eligible for a child care credit even if they did not participate in a pre-tax dependent care assistance program. They also may be eligible if they did not have actual child care expenses or if only one spouse has earned income.

Certain Minnesota customers, who had a dependent child/children born in 2013, may have filed an incorrect Minnesota tax return.

TurboTax has fixed this issue.

How to tell if you may be impacted

You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:

  • You filed your Minnesota state tax return prior to February 17, 2014 AND
  • You have a dependent child/children born in 2013 AND
  • Your Minnesota filing status was not Married Filing Joint AND
  • Your Minnesota form M1CD, Child and Dependent Care Credit, Line 9, Federal adjusted gross income, is less than $29,470

If you are affected, you may have underpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your Minnesota return.

To amend your return:

  • Follow these step-by-step instructions.
  • After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
  • Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.

If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Minnesota 2013: Child Care Credit