Maine 2013: Property Tax Fairness Credit
Maine taxpayers may qualify for a refundable Property Tax Fairness Credit (PTFC) of up to $300 ($400 if 70 years of age or older.)
Certain customers, with a Maine return that included Schedule PTFC, may have filed an incorrect Maine tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Maine state tax return prior to February 20, 2014 AND
- Your Maine return includes a Schedule PTFC AND
- You indicated that you did not own or rent a home in Maine as your primary residence AND
- There is an amount on the Schedule PTFC, line 9.
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your Maine return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Maine 2013: Property Tax Fairness Credit