Ohio 2013: Exemption Credit
Ohio individual tax returns include an exemption and dependent credit for taxpayers with Ohio taxable income of less than $30,000.
Certain Ohio customers, with the filing status of married filing separately, may have filed an incorrect state tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Ohio state tax return after March 4, 2013 and prior to March 18 2014 AND
- Your filing status on your Ohio tax return was Married Filing Separately AND
- The taxable income on your Ohio Form IT1040, line 5 is less than $30,000 AND
- There is no amount on your Ohio Form IT1040, line 9.
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your Ohio return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Ohio 2013: Exemption Credit.