TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ

Arkansas 2013: IRA Contributions

In Arkansas, the amount of deductible and/or non-deductible cash contributions to your IRA are limited to the lesser of $5,500 or your compensation that must be included in income for the year.

Certain Arkansas customers, who made deductible contributions to their IRA account, may have filed an incorrect Arkansas tax return.

TurboTax has fixed this issue.

How to tell if you may be impacted

You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:

  • You filed your Arkansas state tax return prior February 20, 2014 AND
  • You did not have any income from a Form W-2;
  • You had other earned income (such as self-employment or farm income) AND
  • You had IRA contributions AND
  • That amount is not reflected on AR Form 1000ADJ, Line 3.

If you are affected, you may have overpaid your Arkansas tax. You may need to amend your Arkansas return.

To amend your return:

  • Follow these step-by-step instructions.
  • After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
  • Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.

If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from T urboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Arkansas 2013: IRA Contributions