Arkansas 2013: U.S. Government Interest
In Arkansas, interest you receive from direct United States obligations, its posses¬sions, the State of Arkansas, or any political subdivision of the State of Arkansas is exempt from tax.
Certain Arkansas customers, who received tax exempt interest from U.S. obligations, may have filed an incorrect Arkansas tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Arkansas state tax return prior February 20, 2014 AND
- You received a Form 1099-INT with an amount in Box 3 (U.S. Government Interest) and no amount reported in Box 1 AND
- That amount is included in taxable income on AR Form 1000F, Line 10
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your Arkansas tax. You may need to amend your Arkansas return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Arkansas 2013: U.S. Government Interest.