TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
1 person found this useful

Delaware 2013: Itemized Deductions

In 2013, Delaware conformed to the federal tax return limitation on itemized deductions for high income taxpayers.

Certain Delaware customers, whose itemized deductions were limited for federal tax purposes, may have filed an incorrect Delaware tax return.

TurboTax has fixed this issue.

How to tell if you may be impacted

You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:

  • You filed your Delaware state tax return prior to March 25, 2014 AND
  • Your federal schedule A line 29, yes box is checked AND
  • On your Delaware Form 200-01, line 2a (elect Delaware itemized deductions) is checked (for nonresidents, Form 200-02, line 38b is checked) AND
  • There is an amount on Delaware Form 200-01, Line 2 (for non-residents, an amount on Form 200-02, line 38).

If you are affected, you may have underpaid your Delaware tax. You may need to amend your Delaware return.

To amend your return:

  • Follow these step-by-step instructions.
  • After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
  • Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.

If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Delaware 2013: Itemized Deductions.

NOTE for Delaware non-residents: The TurboTax product does not include the Delaware Form 200-02-X used for amending a non-resident Delaware individual tax return.

If you filed a Delaware non-resident return and need to amend it, you will have to use the fill-in form on Delaware’s website.

See: revenue.delaware.gov/services/current_pit/TY13_200-02-Xe.pdf

Here is the link for that form's instructions: 


If you need assistance in preparing this form, please contact us using the phone number in the email from TurboTax.