Mississippi 2013: NonTaxable Pension Distribution
On a Mississippi tax return, a taxpayer can exclude certain pension and IRA distributions from their taxable income.
Certain Mississippi customers, who had distributions from Pensions, IRAs, etc., and received a 1099-R with a code 7 in Box 7, may have filed an incorrect tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Mississippi state tax return prior to 02/4/2014 AND
- You had a 1099-R, Distributions from Pensions, IRAs, etc., with a code 7 in Box 7 AND
- The amount was included on Mississippi Form 80-105, line 43, Taxable pensions and annuities.
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your Mississippi tax. You may need to amend your Mississippi return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Mississippi 2013: NonTaxable Pension Distribution.