Colorado 2013: State Income Tax Deduction
On a Colorado tax return, a taxpayer is not allowed the state income tax deduction included on the itemized deduction on their federal tax return.
Certain Colorado customers, who had their itemized deductions limited on their federal return due to high income, may have filed an incorrect Colorado tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Colorado state tax return prior to 02/24/2014 AND
- Your federal Schedule A (itemized deductions) line 29 is checked “yes” (Your deduction may be limited) AND
- Your Colorado Form 104 has an amount on line 2 for state tax addback.
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your Colorado tax. You may need to amend your Colorado return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the CO 2013: State Income Tax Deduction.