TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

Does TurboTax file the KS Homestead return electronically or do I have to file it by mail?

I paid to have TurboTax file my Kansas income tax return.

Hi Royaz,

I have looked into your question and found that the Kansas Department of Revenue will allow you to file your Kansas homestead claim electronically.

Homestead WebFile is a FREE way to file Homestead claims. Like KS WebFile, refunds can be deposited directly into your bank account. Homestead WebFile is safe and secure. While all claim requirements must be met and information verified, filing electronically can speed up the refund process

Here is a link the the Kansas Department of Revenue that will provided you with this information:

• Thank you for your response. Yes, I have used the state of Kansas website in the past, but this year I paid the additional amount to file my state return through TurboTax.  I was wondering if the Homestead return was electronically filed by TurboTax at the same time.  I don't want to file twice!

Similar questions other people found helpful: