TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

can't download my state return

I have tried everything on the community and no luck.  I had to manually download federal updates.   State download is attached to fed update and continues (does not acknowledge the manual update) to try unsuccessfully to dl the fed update    I made a connection with a TTax employee on the community but can't get back to it,  HELP  Can I manually download the State.  Using windows 8 -  State is  Massachusetts

• Have you already tried these steps:
    Enter States in TurboTax Online Edition
    In the Personal Info area, click Start/Update to go to the Let’s Confirm your info for 2013. Click Continue.
    On the Did You Live in Another State in 2013? screen, click Yes and enter the previous state you lived in, and the date you moved to your current state. Click Continue.
    On the Did you Make Money in Any Other States? screen, Click Yes if you earned money in (or lived in) any additional states, and select the state(s).
  • Have you added TurboTax to your antivirus / firewall's exception list?  If not here is some informations to do so.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901268-security-software-and-turbotax

Also here are the instructions for Norton:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v1028140_NIS_Retail_2012_en_us

If this does not work please let me know and will help you get this resolved.
    Hope this helps.
    MarthaM
  • Intuit update v 4 is an exception.  There is nothing else on the list of Apps or in the  browse area.  I went through the PROGRAM FILES and COMMON FILES  independently and could find nothing else for TTax updates updates.  The download has gone from 19 minutes to 5 and I am now getting an error message #2145386407  Have completed all available updates to computer
  • Use this article to confirm that the 4 modules of your program are up to date.  It will tell you how to check the version numbers.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899272-verify-turbotax-2013-for-windows-basic-deluxe-premier-and-home-business-is-up-to-date

You may wish to speak to TT Customer Support one-on-one in realtime.  They will open in 30 minutes.  Read all the instructions first:

1) Go to https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
    2) Choose the product platform you are using.
    3)  Ask a question or keywords without quotes, and Submit.
    4)  On next page, skip the suggested articles if they don't help.
    5) Scroll down, and you should be able to enter the Support module to get a phone number. (That will be grayed out when they are closed).
    6) Support hours: 8 AM-12 midnight Eastern (5AM-9PM Pacific), 7 days/week.
  • Here are the two that should be listed.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Update Service\IntuitUpdater.exe
        C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Update Service\IntuitUpdateService.exe
  • I have the 4 update modules.  I am down to 2 minutes for update which I am guessing is the state program.    When loading TTax and it updates  I now get error message # 2145386407  "Job cost transfer policy setting prevent the job from transferring"   Sounds like the program has my account as unpaid.  The state (MA)  program is prepaid with my Fed program.  Can I download it manually as I did the Fed?  
    At the beginning of the state it is already set up to download MA. When it tries to download the state I get the same message. If I try another state and pick MA it charges me for it so that is not an option.  I have lived in the same state for many years.
  • Have you tried what is suggested here https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2164905
    MarthaM
  • Tried this twice - no luck.  I found something that said the state download is no longer included this year.   I purchase my program directly from Intuit and it has always been included.  The program is the same with the State download listed on the download details at the update at startup and filled in at the beginning of the state return.  Could this be why I am having so much trouble?
  • Are you using a CD or download version?
    The state program download is included with desktop download products purchased directly from TurboTax (Deluxe, Premier, and Home and Business).

NOTE: Desktop Deluxe purchased elsewhere as a CD version comes in 2 versions--one with state and one without state.   The one with state is called Deluxe Federal & State.  The one without state is just called Deluxe Federal.  Which of those 2 Deluxe versions do you have?  You can quickly tell by looking at the TT logo in the upper left corner of your program.  Adjacent to it should be the edition name.   Or the CD box will also say.

If that doesn't explain your problem, then see the steps I left you  to reach TT Customer Support so they can help you troubleshoot your issue.  If necessary, perhaps they can put the state download in your account, so that you can download it from your account instead of using the program to download it.  They can also hopefully help you troubleshoot your error message # 2145386407

Sorry...

This question has yet to be answered.

Be the first to answer and add it below.

Similar questions other people found helpful: