TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

state will not download

I have downloaded Turbo tax 2013 and my state (Illinois) will not download (using Windows 8).  I also had problems updating TurboTax before starting my federal return and had to download the federal updates manually.  My internet connection is ok, I have tried disabling fire walls, and have uninstalled and reinstalled the TurboTax software and I still am not able to download the state return. 

After initiating the update I am able to reach the update screen, but the download does not seem to progress.  I have waited about 1/2 hour with no progress.

2014_turbotax_updater_problems.PNG
  • Mine is a little different where it says it is downloaded but when I hit start it goes through the cycle again with downloading it and then saying it is done but nothing happens...
  • I'm running Windows 8.1 and can not download Turbo Tax updates or my NY state return.  The arrow goes round and round, but there is not internet activity in Task Manager.  I just updated iTunes, so my internet appears to work.  I made TurboTax.com a trusted site and added it to my "allow pop ups" list.
  • Try this https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901268 It worked for me personally on Windows 8.
    MarthaM

Like Martha suggests, check out our Security Software and TurboTax FAQ, https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901268 .  If there are issues downloading the state file, then it more than likely is due to Anti-Virus protection, blocking the download.

Similar questions other people found helpful: