TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

Form 1040-V E-Payment Amount

I set up a payment plan to pay my 2013 taxes, and TurboTax generated the 1040-V Payment Voucher for the initial payment.  Where do I find the settings for paying the other installments?  I think I set up auto-withdrawal from my bank account but now I cant remember.

Thank you,

• I have the same question as Andrew and would greatly appreciate an answer! I also remember giving my bank information and picking a date for withdrawl but now they are having me print out a voucher. Confused?

• Yes it does, thank you!
I figured it out.  Log in to TurboTax.  Go to "My TurboTax" at the top of the webpage.  Click "My Tax Timeline".  Scroll down to 2013 and click "Download/Print Return".  Save to your desktop or download folder to easily find it.  Open it up and on the first page you will see a section titled "What you need to mail."  In that section it will tell you how much you need to send in with your 1040-V by April 15.  Then, a few pages down you will find Form 9465.  Go to line "10" and you will see how much you said you would pay monthly.  Also, on line "8" you should see the same amount that shows up on your Form 1040-V.

The Form 1040-ES are just estimated/suggested payments for your 2014 (this year's) taxes.  These estimated payment vouchers get produced automatically when you owe taxes.  They help you to make four separate payments over the course of this next tax year in addition to the tax that already gets taken out on your paycheck.  This is to get you as close as possible to owing $0.00 when you pay your 2014 taxes.  These 1040-E forms are a little silly since you can just talk to your HR person or your payroll person and get them to increase your withholding by getting you a new W-4 form to fill out.

I hope this info helps.

Similar questions other people found helpful: