TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

Do I have to send original W-2 by mail for filing by mail

• Are you asking if you need to attach your W-2 to your return? Also, is it an amended return?
  • I have to pay some amount for my State tax and need to send that through mail. And for that I need attach my W-2 and send it. I am not sure whether I have to send the print original W-2 or a copy will work
  • A copy will be fine, you need to keep the original for your records. Or you can send the original and keep a copy for records. Either way there shouldn't be any issue.

Hi sohail3kakar,

I agree with Preston.

You can send either the original or a copy of your W-2 with your tax return.

I hope this resolves your question. If you need further help with this issue, please respond to this post.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax!

Similar questions other people found helpful: